Tuesday 4 February 2014

First Lesson, Week 1

Wednesday
We only had one lesson in the first week due to Orientation on the first two days.

In the one lesson in week 1, our Science teacher, Mr Tan Kok Chong, introduced himself and briefly explained what will happen during Science lessons as well as the grading system. He showed us some slides and we found out that we had to make a Science Portfolio (This blog), that would have to be constantly updated, and that it would account for 50% of our formative assessment throughout the year. At this, I was slightly surprised, as I had never done anything of such sort before and I did not know what to expect or have any idea of how I would make the Science Portfolio a job well done.

Mr Tan then showed us 2 samples which he thought were well-done blogs. They were done previously by students from Hwa Chong Institution before I entered Secondary 1. The blogs impressed me as they were detailed and also visually-appealing. I did not have much hope to make such impressive blogs as I have never used a blog before.

We were given a worksheet close to the end of the lesson about Science and Technology, as well as the attitudes a good scientist should have. The open-ended questions confused me as I was unsure of the difference between Science and Technology.


No comments:

Post a Comment